Email received from the National Autistic Society, slightly edited. I've left out email addresses to deter spammers:
- The BANES Link and The National Autistic Society (NAS) have worked together to arrange an Autism Meeting for B&NES on 24th October 2011 at The Guildhall, Bath. The meeting will be held between 2pm and 4pm and you are free to come and go within this time
- We want to listen to and gather the views and experiences of adults with Asperger/Autism Spectrum conditions, and their families and carers, who live in and/or use Health and Social Care Services in Bath and North East Somerset (B&NES).
- The information will be recorded by NAS and put into a report and sent to the B&NES Adult Autism Partnership Group. The information that you give will be used to provide feedback to the professionals and people who make decisions on planning for future services for people with Autism.
- Alternatively, please write to:
- Marina Parrett, The National Autistic Society, Church House, Church Road, Filton, Bristol BS34 7BD
- NAS would also like to facilitate the setting up of a B&NES Autism Group to continue the work started at the October 24th Autism Meeting.
- The aim of the group would be to discuss the views and experiences of people with Autism/Asperger syndrome and their families, living in the area, in order to develop appropriate Health and Adult Social Care services in response.
- If you are interested in being part of an ongoing group, please speak to Diana Elliott or Marina Parrett at the meeting or contact Diana Elliott on Tel: 07825 227026 or Marina Parrett on Tel: 01179 748425 or 07770 687009