- He was psychic.
- He is dead.
- He had EIGHT TENtacles. Spooky.
- I predicted his demise in July 2010.
- He was born in Weymouth, UK but emigrated to Germany.
- Actually, he wasn't born. He hatched.
- He had three hearts. One for everyday, one for Sundays, and one just in case another was broken by a lady octopus.
- He knew more about football than most of the telly pundits put together.
And an extra ninth thing: he was called "Paul" because of its phonetic similarity to "Poulpe", which is French for Octopus. Or Pulpo, which is Spanish for Octopus. (I have no evidence for this whatsoever, but it sounds convincing.)